Here are several Aloe Vera Recipes you can use at home:
Watermelon Aloe Vera Drink Recipe
- 4 cups fresh watermelon juice (about 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 pounds of watermelon, freshly juiced, no sugar added)
- 2 cups cold, filtered water
- 1 fresh, whole aloe leaf, spikes and skin removed; aloe gel cut into ten 1-inch square pieces.
- Wash and dry the aloe leaf, then place it spike-side down on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut along the edges of the leaf to remove the spikes, and cut off the bottom and top of the leaf. This should expose the gel on all sides.
- Run a sharp knife under the green skin on one side, until you remove it completely. Be careful not to cut too much into the gel. If you notice that there’s any yellow ooze on the aloe gel from the skin, that’s aloe latex—which has laxative properties. You can wipe it off with a paper towel or rinse off with cool water.
- Once you’ve removed the first side of skin, cute the gel into 1-inch squares, while still in the leaf. It will make it easier to remove the chunks. Edge the knife along the other side to remove the other green skin. Check for yellow aloe latex and remove or rinse it from any of your 1-inch square pieces of aloe gel.
- Juice fresh watermelon through a juicer until you have 4 cups of juice. If you need to use a blender instead of a juicing machine: Add the watermelon and water to the blender, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pulp. Rinse the blender out before returning the filtered juice to blend with the aloe gel.
- Add 4 cups fresh watermelon juice to the blender with 2 cups cold, filtered water, and 10-12 one-inch aloe gel cubes. Blend on high until aloe gel is completely liquified.
- Serve over ice immediately or store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Light and Lemony Aloe Drink
2 tbsp Aloe vera pulp
1. Blend the apple and the cucumber
2. Add the lemon juice
3. Cut open an aloe vera leaf and scoop out 2 tbsp of the pulp and add it to the mixture.
4. Mix or blend again.
Healthy Aloe Vera Drink
2 Green apples
1 Orange, peeled
1 tbsp of aloe vera pulp
1. Cut the apples, carrots, aloe, and orange into pieces
2. Blend and drink
Exotic Aloe Vera Drink
1 to 2 cup Fresh pineapple
1 green apple
1 tbsp Aloe vera pulp
A few tbsp of coconut milk or coconut water is optional
Blend all ingredients together, adding the pulp of the aloe vera leaf. The coconut milk more than being a tasty addition, will actually increase the anti-bacterial and anti-viral qualities of this drink.