Oh no, you spent five at the beach and forgot sunscreen and now you have a nasty sunburn—What do you do?
Did you know that sunblock can make you retain water, which may add a few pounds if you step on the scale? One of the best natural remedies to heal a sunburn is an Aloe Vera leaf.
Aloe Vera Facts:
- If you digest aloe vera it can help with assimilation, circulation, and elimination. It is known to purify the blood, reduce inflammation, ease arthritis pain, prevent kidney stones, lower high cholesterol, boost physical endurance, benefit cardiovascular health, and protect the body from oxidative stress.
- One of the oldest natural healing antibiotics.
- It also soothes ulcers, hemorrhoids, gastritis, diverticulitis, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and other digestive disorders.
- Aloe provides recovery from fatigue and aids in muscle function, as well as optimal utilization of several vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
- Aloe’s clear gel can be applied externally to soothe and relieve pain from sunburn, rashes, bug bites, scratches, and wounds. Aloe is best used after a sunburn to help heal and to hydrate the skin to prevent wrinkles and aging. It can also be massaged into the hair and scalp to stimulate hair growth and can be used as a toothpaste or mouthwash to keep the mouth healthy, clean, and free from plaque producing bacteria.
* For best results, purchase whole Aloe leaves in the produce section of the grocery store. Cut a 2-inch piece off the leaf and scoop out the clear gel inside. This gel can be blended in water, juice, or smoothies to be taken internally or used externally, and applied directly to the skin for quick relief and healing.
Be safe and smart this summer!