MANY BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
Do you suffer from a lack of “good fats” in your diet?
Is your energy low?
Do you need an afternoon nap, cup of coffee or something sweet to make it through the day?
Are you always snacking?
Do you crave carbohydrates like bread and pasta?
Do you crave sweets?
Do you have a difficult time losing weight?
All of these could be a sign that you don’t have enough of good fats in your diet. One of the easiest and great tasting kind of “good fat” is coconut oil and here are the amazing benefits that it can also do for you.
- The medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil provide energy that the body can use more rapidly than any other fat source. They are converted and used immediately for energy and does not store as fat!
- Cravings occur in the body when we aren’t getting proper nutrients and fuel from food. Coconut oil paired with a healthy meal, helps absorb those nutrients keeping you fuller longer and decreases cravings.
- Strengthens immune system
- Fights off infections
- Helps with acne, eczema, dry and itchy skin
- Helps brain function, mental health and behavioral problems
- Suppresses inflammation
- Possesses healing properties
- Protects us from cancer, diabetes and other chronic diseases
*Sautéing vegetables or cooking food with it
*Adding it to smoothies, tea, coffee or oatmeal
*Using it as a syrup on pancakes or waffles
RECIPE: WARM COCONUT BLUEBERY SYRUP
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
¼ Cup of raw blueberries
- Melt the Coconut Oil in the microwave (usually about 30 seconds)
- Then in a separate container heat up the blueberries. Usually takes about 30 seconds also
- One the blueberries are heated, mush them with a fork or spoon until it becomes liquid. (some chunks are okay)
- Mix the coconut oil and warmed blueberries
Pour on top of pancakes or waffles