What is foam rolling?
Foam rolling is a form of stretching technique where you roll your body over a cylindrical piece of foam to “massage” your muscles. Tools for this type of stretching can also range anywhere from a lacrosse ball to a tennis ball, but foam rollers are a great place to start.
Why should I foam roll?
- Muscle relaxation
- Increased blood flow to the muscle area you’re rolling
- Relaxes and stretches out any knots after an intense workout
- Leads to a speedier muscle recovery so you’re prepared for your next workout
How do I foam roll?
The best way to begin foam rolling is to choose a few areas of your body that feel stiff, and begin trying to relax those areas of muscle first. A few examples of where to start:
- Quads (front of thighs)
- Lats (underneath your armpit, along the side of your body)
- Adductors (inner thigh/groin)
- Glutes (the booty)
Try incorporating foam rolling into your next pre-workout warm up or post-life cool down and let us know what your sore muscles think!
For more help improving your health and reaching your goals, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://bodyambition.com/online-training/ for more info on our online and in person programs that will be the best fit for you and your needs!