How is it September already? Fall is right around the corner and you know what that means—the season of pumpkin everything—but is pumpkin good for your diet?
From muffins to donuts and anything else (we all know they come up with the weirdest creations because everyone loves pumpkin) there are some pretty unhealthy options out there. We are here to help feed your fall pumpkin addiction with a healthier option. Here is a healthy protein pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe for those who love pumpkin and don’t want to be tempted with those other sugar loaded options.
Each Roll : 115 Calories/ 13g of Protein/ 9g of Carbs/3g of Fat
¼ cup of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 ½ scoop of Cinnamon Roll protein powder (or vanilla and add cinnamon to mix)
2 Tablespoons of coconut flour
1/3 cup of egg whites
½ teaspoon of baking powder
¼ cup of sugar free maple syrup
2 teaspoons of almond butter smooth style
Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for batter
- Spoon into a cupcake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then with a knife or fork, flip the roll over in the pan and cook for another 2-5 minutes. Check with a toothpick and when the toothpick comes out clean it is done. Don’t overcook!
- Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool
- Microwave the glaze ingredients for about 15-20 seconds and stir well
- Dip both sides of the rolls in the glaze and set on a rack or plate to cool and sprinkle with cinnamon
- To maximize freshness, store leftovers in fridge.