Think back to the last restrictive diet you were on, it probably didn’t last very long – and chances are, you went back to eating the same way you had been eating before you started. Temporary diets promising quick results are a thing of the past, and the 80/20 rule is here to show you that you can sustain long-lasting results over time without the use of a diet at all!

So What Is It?

The 80/20 rule means you eat a healthy, balanced, nutrient-dense diet 80% of the time – and you can indulge in treats the other 20 percent of the time (within reason, of course.) No, this does not mean a no holds-barred binge fest during that 20 percent portion!

Each day should consist of portion control, balance, and variety in your food choices. This includes fruits and veggies, lean protein, healthy fats, whole grains, and plenty of H20! The idea is to cut yourself some slack for part of the time, because depriving yourself of treats on special occasions is unsustainable – and having a bad relationship with food isn’t going to get you anywhere.

 

Set Yourself Up For Success

One of the best ways to practice 80/20 eating is to do a little prepping ahead of time and have a plan in place. Stock your kitchen with plenty of nutrient-dense, whole foods to have on hand at all times – making it easier for you to stick to that 80 percent.

Being more in control will help you avoid resorting to an unhealthy, all-out binge. Remember, you’re not cutting out entire food groups or denying yourself your favorite foods! The goal is to help build a healthy relationship with all foods, and decrease your likelihood to over indulge in those treats you’ve always seen in your mind as “off limits.”

 

The 80/20 Rule allows you to be intuitive about your body and what it needs – WITHOUT the use of a short-term, unsustainable diet – so make sure you’re always listening and let it steer you in the right direction!

 

 

 

CategoryBlog, Latest News
Write a comment:

*

Your email address will not be published.

Logo_footer   
     © 2014 BA Fitness / Body Ambition