Janelle’s Power Packed Pancakes! (pictured without spinach and with. Double or triple the recipe to make bulk for the week, as they make the perfect snack too!!!)
We all love pancakes but did you every think you could make a complete meal out of them?
Yes you can!
Protein, healthy starch, fruit, veggie and a good fat are all included in this batch of pancakes that might look a little crazy.
I assure you the only thing crazy will be you NOT trying them!
These pancakes are versatile and can be eaten cold on the go, too!
My niece also loves these with apples instead of blueberries and a drizzle of caramel sauce! So bake up a batch and ENJOY and share, if you can…
Loving the consistency of these! Makes around 15 pancakes. Serving size: 2 pancakes.
- 2 cups eggwhites
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- Blend Ingredients well. This is your batter!
- 1 cup 100% pure egg whites (I like 100% Pure Egg Whites like Egg Whites International)
- 1/3 cup oats with a handful walnuts (approx 6-8)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 scoop banana or vanilla whey protein *I personally like BSN Lean Dessert Whey Banana flavor or Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey for this recipe
- 1/4 cup berries (blueberries are my personal fav)
- 1 handful spinach
- *honey or agave nectar optional to taste (approx 1 tbsp)
- BLEND all in a blender or Vitamix then add to a non stick skillet on medium heat like pancake batter.
- Once bubbles form flip.
- Top with a little all fruit jam or sugar free syrup ENJOY! Makes about 4-6 pancakes.